The Mayan calendar ends! Does it mean the world's going to end, too? Probably not, but just in case, which books would you like to save in the end? If the world is still here on December 22nd, then I'll be excited to offer a lucky winner one of the books listed below that I can't live without!
The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and there are spells to be learnt, potions to be brewed and Divination lessons (sigh) to be attended. Harry is expecting these: however, other quite unexpected events are already on the march ...
~Go to the entire Goodreads description of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling
Here is the highly anticipated second installment of Philip Pullman's epic fantasy trilogy, begun with the critically acclaimed The Golden Compass. Lyra and Will, her newfound friend, tumble separately into the strange tropical otherworld of Cittàgazze, "the city of magpies," where adults are curiously absent and children run wild. Here their lives become inextricably entwined when Lyra's alethiometer gives her a simple command: find Will's father...
~Go to the entire Goodreads description of The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
A modern classic, "Carrie" introduced a distinctive new voice in American fiction -- Stephen King. The story of misunderstood high school girl Carrie White, her extraordinary telekinetic powers, and her violent rampage of revenge, remains one of the most barrier-breaking and shocking novels of all time. Make a date with terror and live the nightmare that is..."Carrie"
~Go to the entire Goodreads description of Carrie by Stephen King
Forgive me, but I had to save my own book, too! :)
Fifteen-year-old Oliver Grain begins his school year fighting off bullies, learning about the boy who committed suicide in his room, and trying to understand why his history teacher, Mr. Gordon, has taken such a personal interest in him.
Do you believe in ghosts? Do you believe you can make bullies simply disappear? Do you believe you can walk through walls?...
~Go to the entire Goodreads description of Provex City by Michael Pierce
Here are the official rules/guidelines for the giveaway:
- You must be a follower of this blog. Just click the Join this Site box below "Followers" on the sidebar.
- You can gain extra entries by following me on Goodreads, Twitter,"liking" my Facebook fan page, tweeting about this giveaway, or leaving a comment below.
- This is open to international followers. (Only if The Book Depository ships to your country; please check this link to see if your country's included.)
- This contest runs from December 14 - 21.
- The winner will be selected on December 22nd via Rafflecopter random selection and announced in this post. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will draw another winner.
Thanks Again & Good Luck!
Also, make sure to check out the other blogs participating in this Giveaway Hop, too!